Always start with a clean space. Clean your tub, straighten your countertops, and make room for the things you want to be surrounded by during this practice. Anything you bring into this ritual such as plants, crystals, or candles should be intentionally picked to invoke a sense of your intended energy cleanse.
Choose a scent you want the air to be filled with during your spiritual bath; whether that’s diffusing essential oils, lighting candles, burning Palo Santo or incense. It’s totally up to you, just make sure it’s a scent that makes you feel good or is associated with how you want to feel physically and mentally.
Elevate your space and ritual with sound. We love listening to calming meditations, soothing music, or frequencies such as binaural beats during our baths. Pick something that gives you a sense of calm and set the volume to a comfortable, peaceful level.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Natural sea salt is one of the most powerful ingredients to release any kind of negative debris lingering in your energy. For this Blue Moon Ritual, we recommend Cleanse Your Mind.
- A few drops of lavender essential oil on your feet promote relaxation (mix it with a carrier oil if you have sensitive skin).
- Fresh roasted figs drizzled with honey and balsamic vinegar. The figs should be prepared before the ritual and left to cool. Eat them at room temperature after your bath, ideally in the moonlight.
- Selenite is named after the Greek Goddess of the Moon - Selene - and will help you unleash your own natural goddess energy. It gently nurtures your soul and helps you open up your heart so that you can connect on a spiritual level. It brings lunar light to your ritual, emitting gentle vibrations of peace, harmony and truth. Selenite will help you to dispel negative thoughts as you speak your cleansing affirmations.
- Filtered water with lemon and cucumber.
- A journal and a pencil.
If you are mending a broken heart: Boil late summer garden roses in a pot of water with honey and coconut milk, strain and keep the liquid to add to your bath.
Step 1: Set your space with scent, light and sound. Draw your bath with water as hot as you can stand it. Add the salt and get in.
Step 2: Try to allow your mind to be calm, and allow ideas and thoughts to pass before you as if they are leaves drifting on a gentle stream. After a few minutes, open your eyes. Write down these affirmations (have a towel close so you can dry your hands):
• I release myself from ….• I cleanse myself of ….• I free myself of ….• I forgive myself for ….
Step 3: When you are ready, hold the selenite with your left hand to connect it to your heart. Read aloud to the full moon your list of affirmations, the things you wish to let go of. Take a moment to feel those negative emotions slip away. This is a good time to start draining the bath. Visualize the negativity going down the drain. Feel refreshed by the void they leave that you can fill with fresh energy and positivity. Make a promise to take care of yourself.
Step 4: Put on your PJs and go outside (or sit by a window). Now it’s time to allow the energy you have created to surround you. Sip on your water, eat your figs, hold your crystal, draw an oracle or tarot card for extra direction or insight on how to keep your positive energy flowing. Try to keep your selenite with you that evening on a bedside table or under your pillow. The next morning, place it near a window so that it can recharge and remind you that you have already let go of those negative things should they pop back into your mind.