Whether you're wheels up or staying home, it's the end to a hell of a year and your body needs to reset. Here's our recipe for finding balance during the holidays.
There is usually a quiet space that occurs between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve that hopefully gives us all a much needed rest. In an effort to balance the festivities with the moments of zen, we like to highlight the holiday magic of Retox-Detox.
Retox-Detox means you can have a night of bubbly (the bottled kind) and soaking things in (the bathtub kind).
Pursoma provides a travel size on-the-go detox soak in three different varieties: one for after your workout, one for post-yoga deep relaxation, and one with deep green seaweeds. The travel sizes help you repair while on the road, and the larger tub-side versions are ideal for staycations.
My personal favorite is Sweat + Rest. It’s a special blend of mineral-rich sea salt and distilled magnesium oil in a super concentrated blend, plus the addition of all-natural essential oils for aromatic bliss.
Here is your holiday recipe - and don't forget to stock up on teas. Warming herbal teas are healing and nourishing for winter months and also relaxing while away. Sometimes it's hard to find a nice herbal tea without heading to the local grocery store or apothecary, so we make a small travel size pack with 3 or 6 tea bags.
- Have a drink pre-dinner. We know you want something in a tall fancy glass.
- Eat dinner. Most likely you will be eating holiday favorites.
- Enjoy some wine at dinner...because you know you will unless you are in recovery or just very well behaved.
- Finish up at 9 pm or so.
- Arrive back home, settle down, cozy up and start thinking about your forthcoming detox routine.
- Get home. Or to your hotel, airBnB, etc.
- Fill a 1 liter bottle with water, put it tubside.
- Add an electrolyte tablet. I like Trace Minerals.
- Fill the bathtub with water as hot as you can stand.
- Pour in at least 4 ounces soaking treatment (1 full travel bag or half of the large size bags) - shop here.
- Soak for 20 minutes with your shoulders covered by the hot water.
- Turn on a relaxing medication app (try Calm or your preferred app).
- Slowly exit the tub and wrap up in your holiday hooded robe.
- Sweat and rest for 15 minutes while your body and heart rate cool down.
- Slather on Pursoliel or another heavy body oil.
- Go to bed.
- Have the best morning - ever.